Are you aware of the risks you take when you are exposed to hot or cold conditions at work? How do you stay safe in these conditions?
Designed to inform learners about specific hazards and control measures to apply when working in sunny, hot and cold conditions, this course includes the theoretical knowledge required to help protect the health and safety of individuals and their co-workers in these conditions.
This course is responsive – providing an optimal user experience on smartphone, tablet and desktop computer.
This course is intended to support, and not to replace, workplace policies and procedures.
This course covers the following topics.
- Workers’ responsibilities for health and safety in this context
- Working in the sun
- Working in hot conditions
- Working in cold conditions
On completing this course, in regard to the topics above, learners should be able to:
- list the steps of the risk management process
- identify hazards and appropriate control measures
- recognise the signs and symptoms of specific environmental exposures.
Organisations implementing this course will:
- reduce the risk of worker illness and injury caused by working in hot and cold conditions
- better prepare workers for deployment in hot and cold conditions.
The content contained in this course is suitable for any workers who work in sunny, hot or cold conditions.
This course should take about 20 minutes to complete.